Assistant Branch Manager II
Department: Branch Administration
Reports to: Branch Manager
Supervises: Teller and Customer Service Staff
Level: Level 2
Location(s): Rye, New Hampshire
Under the direction of the Market Manager, oversees all activities of the branch including customer service, staffing, operations, compliance and sales. Provides direct supervision of various staff typically including a Front Line Manager or Head Teller. Confers and participates with the Market Manager in the employee performance evaluation process, resolving personnel issues and the hiring and scheduling of staff. Expert knowledge of the Bank’s various products, services and effective sales processes, and assists in fostering staff knowledge. Responsible for personal production of new deposit accounts, consumer loans, and other products and services to develop new and existing customer relationships. Handles and promptly resolves routine and complex customer service issues.
- Three or more year’s prior supervisory, sales, service and operations experience in a financial institution.
- Excellent customer sales, service and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and with a variety of people in a team environment
- Adapts easily to change and is able to efficiently complete multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational, technical and computer skills
- Proficient supervisory skills with the ability to effectively lead, motivate and direct the activity of others
- Excellent knowledge of all branch, teller and customer service processes, policies, guidelines and operating procedures.
Specific Job Functions:
- Manages the overall operations of the branch and ensures staff’s ongoing compliance with the Bank’s operating procedures, policies and guidelines.
- Insures branch cash audit and routine branch reports are completed and submitted on schedule
- Manages teller and customer service staffing schedules to insure adequate coverage and efficient workflows are maintained
- Provides ongoing training, coaching and mentoring to build staff knowledge and skills in a variety of areas including operations, compliance, sales and service.
- Highly proficient in the sales, service and delivery of all deposit and consumer loan products and services
- Engages in sales and business development activities to promote SIS products and services to existing customers and prospects.
- Prepares and participates in the delivery of employee performance evaluations and documentation
- Provides recommendations in the hiring of branch teller and customer service staff and employee disciplinary action plans
- Capable of managing the branch in the Market Manager’s absence
- Represents the Bank through active participation in community events, non-profit organizations and/or membership in civic organizations such as Rotary, Kiwanis, etc.
- Performs additional duties as required
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.