Chief Information Officer, SVP
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: EVP, Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: IT Support Staff
Level: Level 6
Location(s): Main Office – Sanford, Maine
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and is expected to provide broad expertise across all technology domains; demonstrate senior leadership skills; balance a strategic view with a keen focus on day-to-day operational priorities; communicate and collaborate with leadership teams to ensure timely and efficient use of technology platforms; and provide hands-on leadership to the technical team. The CIO is accountable for providing strategic leadership of all technology and ensuring robust cybersecurity capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems and/or ten years of progressive management experience in Information Technology is required, preferably within a financial institution.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Experience working with local area networks, computer hardware and software, and knowledge of data communication network best practices.
- Experience in network planning and analysis, project management, and vendor analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedules.
- Ability to diagnose and correct hardware and software configuration issues.
- Knowledge of various computer programming techniques and languages.
- Five years supervisory or managerial experience.
Specific Job Functions:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology (IT) Department. Provides overall supervision of the IT staff and provides oversight of team activities in network administration and support. Assign duties; establish performance standards; conduct performance reviews, conducts performance management (when necessary); conduct training; and provide staffing, training and development recommendations.
- Develops, prioritizes and leads strategic IT and operational planning to help achieve bank’s vision, goals and objectives related to information technology and systems.
- Chair the bank’s IT Steering Committee meetings and coordinate all meeting activities and documentation. Establish agendas and ensure that minutes are accurate a timely in their preparation.
- Builds effective relationships with various departments in order to determine IT department’s priorities and align support with bank goals.
- Develops and establishes annual budgets, plans, operating policies, IT organizational best practices and approaches for all information technology channels. Ensures IT resources are allocating their time and resources efficiently to meet technology demands and other strategic initiatives.
- Directs testing and develops procedures for disaster recovery and network and system upgrades and changes.
- Implements and oversees information security protection processes. Enforces the bank’s Information Security Policy.
- Drives data mining and strategy initiatives for the bank. Ensures reporting needs are met and tools for data analysis are accurate and received timely in order to be used as a basis for making key business decisions.
- Evaluates and recommends hardware, software, and network solutions. Provides technical expertise in the assessment of cost, benefit and applicability of IT systems and network initiatives.
- Collaborates with the bank’s Chief Operating Officer and Information Security Officer to coordinate IT Department regulatory and internal audit examinations. Prepares and handles all phases of the department’s audits performed by and federal/state bank regulatory examiners and internal auditors.
- Minimizes the bank’s risk exposure by ensuring staff compliance with established policies and procedures, internal controls and legal and regulatory guidelines. Maintains and updates the department’s procedure manual. Keeps current on regulations and legislation that directly affect the bank and IT operations.
- Plans, coordinates and directs various phases of a project’s systems analysis and programming; analyzes cost implications; and provides for ongoing software maintenance of operational systems.
- Participate in the Risk Assessment process annually and on an ongoing basis as required.
- Develops systems analysis and implementation standards and procedures.
- Leads and implements IT related projects involving IT changes, conversions, and upgrades.
- Prepares progress reports to inform management of project status as well as any deviations from pre-directed goals.
- Demonstrates community involvement and engagement.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.