Customer Care Manager
Supervises: Customer Care Staff
Level: Level 5
Location(s): Sanford, Maine
The Customer Care Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of the call center as well as providing first-line system support to internal departments and employees. Ensures the department provides an exceptional customer experience while managing the workflow through effective utilization of resources and technology. Implements the department’s service, sales and operational goals and supports the delivery of electronic banking solutions to customers.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of seven years prior related job experience in a financial institution.
- Related job experience to include: Call Center Management, Branch Management, Consumer and Commercial Lending, Sales Development
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, technical, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop a team of employees
- Ability to multitask, adapt well to variety and change, and perform well under stress
- Must be a self-starter and goal driven.
Specific Job Functions:
- Manages resources to ensure optimal delivery of products and services to customers using digital banking.
- Develops and maintains customer experience standards for the department
- Acts as a point of escalation for problem resolution, complaints, and other issues.
- Ensures staff uncovers opportunities and provides customers with appropriate products and services that meet their needs
- Provides system access support and resource for Windows, Horizon, Core, and other internal systems for bank employees.
- Integrates various maintenance, verification, or other duties into the daily operation of the department to support other departments.
- Develops and administers specific policies and procedures for the department and ensures staff are in compliance with all bank policies and procedures.
- Monitors workflow and processes to improve efficiencies that enhance internal and external customer service.
- Supports implementation of new or upgrades to existing digital solutions, software, or hardware.
- Develops management reports to capture call volume, customer complaints, track trends and report problem resolution
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and management to support effective collaboration and knowledge of department operations.
- Develops and manages staff’s sales activities to support the Bank’s sales and referral goals.
- Provides leadership, supervision, and coaching to staff.
- Makes hiring decisions for department. Creates work schedules, prepares and delivers performance evaluations, salary & promotion recommendations and disciplinary documentation and action plans.
- Represents the Bank at various community events.
- Encourages staff participation in community activities.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.