Customer Care Representative
Department: Customer Care Department, Main Office
Reports to: Customer Care Manager
Status: Non- Exempt
Level: Level 6
Location(s): Sanford, Maine
Working within established operational policies, procedures and protocols, the individual will provide an exceptional experience to customers contacting the bank via phone, email, chat, text or other communication methods. The incumbent will be proficient in the servicing of all products and services the bank offers. The Customer Care Representative will effectively analyze customer situations and determine an appropriate solution and response, taking ownership of the customer connection and following through until resolution. This position supports the delivery of digital banking solutions to customers and first-line support for employee system access, including implementation, training, and monitoring of systems.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in customer sales/service or another front line banking or financial services position is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a variety of people in a team environment.
- Adapts easily to change and is able to effectively handle multiple tasks.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of various financial products and services.
- Strong organizational, technical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, adapt well to variety and change, and perform well when busy.
- Must be a self-starter and goal driven.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote strong and lasting customer relationships by providing exceptional service in an efficient and highly professional manner. Resolve the needs of the customer on the first contact whenever possible.
- Effectively communicate with customers via phone, email, chat, and mail.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all products and services.
- Provide support to customers and frontline employees for all digital banking solutions.
- Proactively engage customers to uncover needs, recommend appropriate solutions and refer or close sales opportunities.
- Investigate and resolve a wide variety of requests and follow through to resolution.
- Provide system access support and resource for Windows, Horizon Core and other internal systems for bank employees,
- Perform various maintenance, verification or other duties to support other departments.
- Support new or upgrades to existing digital solutions, software or hardware
- Make outbound contact for follow up on account issues, notifications of service outages or fraud, new account onboarding, or campaigns.
- Monitor digital banking transactions for suspicious activity using established reporting and software.
- Assist customers & bank staff with ATM & Debit cards, including card reorders, limit increases and PIN re-sets. Maintain card inventory for the bank, track lost cards and analyze all returned mail
- Manage the card dispute process & card compromise events (Reg E).
- Assist in the implementation of new digital banking products and services, which may involve training others.
- Maintain the online new account process, ensuring compliance with all necessary regulation.
- Provide expertise in general technology and software used by the bank.
- Compile reports or data for Customer Care reporting or other departments as needed.
- Perform all other duties as required.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.