Full-Time Customer Service Assistant II
Department: Branch Administration
Reports to: Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager
Level: Level 6
Location(s): Rye, New Hampshire
The incumbent performs all the duties of Teller and Customer Service Representatives as needed. Working within established guidelines, policies and procedures, the individual will sell and service all deposit and some consumer loan products, handle various customer inquiries and problem resolution and processes a wide variety of transactions. Is proficient in the use of various teller and customer service equipment and technology. Proactively utilizes needs-based sales techniques to uncover opportunities and recommends appropriate products and services to meet customer needs. Proficient in new account opening, maintenance and the Bank’s online banking services. Responsible for the development of new business relationships and maintaining existing relationships.
- Two or more years teller and/or customer service banking experience in a branch or call center environment.
- Interacts easily with others and enjoys working with a variety of people and in a team environment.
- Excellent sales, service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, technical and computer skills
- Adapts well to change and able to effectively multi task
- Extensive knowledge of teller and customer service processes, policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Strong product knowledge
Specific Job Functions:
- Highly proficient in the processing of a wide variety of various teller and customer service related transactions and activities
- Proactively develops cross sell opportunities and responds to customers’ inquiries to recommend appropriate product and services to meet their needs
- Proficient in opening accounts, assisting with online banking inquiries, services and functionality, performing various account maintenance, handling basic consumer loan requests and making referrals to other lines of business.
- Maintains and balances cash drawer accurately and efficiently
- Provides exceptional service to customers, coworkers and team members
- Understands and adheres to various policies and procedures including security, compliance and operations
- Participates in on-going job-related training programs including but not limited to sales, service, compliance and product knowledge
- Performs additional duties as required
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.