Director of Operations
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: Deposit Operations, Electronic Banking, Loan Operations
Location(s): Sanford, Maine
Provides direction and supervision to loan and deposit operations, and electronic banking departments. Functions as bank’s liaison to our core banking system provider (currently FIS-Horizon.)
- Four-year college degree in business or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in financial institution operations.
- Proven ability to manage a multi-department division.
- Oversight of total bank operations including any impact on compliance, reputation, operations, systems, privacy, market, and interest rate risk.
- Broad range of external contacts with key/critical providers, agents, consultants etc.
- High level analytical, management, communication and negotiating skills.
Specific Job Functions:
- Directs overall loan and deposit operations management of the Bank.
- Develops and implements initiatives that improve non-interest income and/or controls expenses.
- Analyzes operational processes and develops procedures to ensure efficient processing of work.
- Ensures maximum workflow efficiency while providing superior customer service.
- Monitors and ensures efficient operation of data processing and other technical services, as necessary.
- Actively oversee the bank’s core banking system relationship, including monitoring system changes and implementing new technology/services.
- Maintains, monitors, and ensures operational departments compliance with all bank policies.
- Oversees the Bank’s operational risk assessment process.
- Coaches/Develops employees to provide career path and ensure good management succession.
- Manage all deposit operations and electronic banking personnel to ensure efficient and timely processing of work.
- Manage the Loan Operations Officer and assist in workflow planning and operational decision making as necessary to ensure smooth flow of work though the department.
- Promotes customer centric culture within operations to help meet the bank’s growth and profitability objectives.
- Actively participate in committee membership including risk, compliance, IT steering, sr. leadership, etc. and lead the bank’s new product committee.
- Actively involved in community volunteerism.
- Assumes other responsibilities as needed.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.