Electronic Banking Specialist I
Department: Electronic Banking Department
Reports to: Deposit Operations Manager
Level: Level 5
Location(s): Sanford, Maine
The primary role of the Electronic Banking Specialist I is to provide online banking user support. The Electronic Banking Specialist I will also provide user support for ATM & Debit cards which involves suspect card monitoring and Reg E dispute processing. Provides Remote Deposit Capture, Mobile Banking & Cash Management customer support. Assists in the implementation of new Electronic Banking products and services, which may involve training others.
- Minimum of one (1) year of retail banking or deposit operations related experience
- Ability to work independently to ensure processing is completed to meet customer service needs.
- Excellent customer service skills and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains strong knowledge of various regulations including Reg E
- Organized, detail oriented and ability to handle busy workload.
- Strong knowledge of various office related programs such as Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Willing and able to travel periodically as required for job related training, workshops & conferences.
- Ability to advance and progress within Electronic Banking dept and participate in various certification programs related to electronic banking functions such as NEACH, online banking &, cash management, bill pay and presentments.
Specific Job Functions:
- Provides high quality support to online banking customers and SIS staff.
- Effectively responds to routine inquires received via phone, email or instant chat
- Proficient use of Desktop sharing to assist customers and provide the high quality customer support.
- Strong knowledge of cash management services including ACH, remote deposit capture & mobile check deposit.
- Assists Cash Management Officers with new remote deposit capture set ups and onsite customer installations as needed.
- Updates various Cash Management reports as scheduled for Treasury & Cash Management Manager
- Monitors online banking transactions for suspicious activity using the banks monitoring software
- Processes new eStatement enrollments.
- Approves & oversees the online new account process ensuring compliance with CIP & CDD.
- Assists customers and staff with ATM & Debit cards, including card reorders, limit increases and PIN re-sets.
- Maintains debit/ATM card inventory and tracks lost cards
- Point of contact for ATM related issues and support including ATM balancing and activity research
- Manages and oversees the card dispute process and card compromise events (Reg E)
- Assists in the implementation of new Electronic Banking products and services
- Handles CDAR’s & ICS funds transfers and ensures accurate posting of entries.
- Administrator for the bank’s Employee Portal (Intranet).
- Assists with Custom Report Writing for the bank, this may involve MCIF assistance.
- May provide assistance to other departments for tasks such as GL account reconcilement and vendor management, etc.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.