Department: Branch Administration
Reports to: Branch Manager / Assistant Branch Manager
Level: Level 1
Location(s): Springvale, Maine
The incumbent will be highly knowledgeable and proficient in all aspects of teller, vault and customer service processes and procedures. Routinely operates a teller drawer and performs customer service duties as needed. Ensures tellers adhere to established regulatory, compliance and operating policies and procedures. May oversee teller and customer service staff in the absence of the Market Manager or Assistant Manager. Assists with the completion of teller performance evaluations and documentation. Manages teller workflow and schedules to ensure adequate coverage and efficient operations. Answers questions on all services the financial institution provides, and is proficient in uncovering and recognizing sales and quality referral opportunities.
- Supervises teller staff and oversees all line activities and schedules to insure adequate coverage and efficient workflows are maintained
- Responsible for the completion of branch cash audits and insuring routine audit/security reports are completed and submitted on schedule
- Provides on-going coaching, training, cross training and mentoring of teller staff to build their skills and knowledge
- Monitors teller and vault operations to ensure compliance with various policies and procedures
- Engages in sales and referral activities to promote the Bank’s products and services to existing customers and prospects.
- Proficient in new account opening and developing referrals to others as appropriate
- Updates staff on changes to policies, procedures, products, etc., as appropriate.
- Assists tellers in locating cash discrepancies, processing complex transactions, and addressing customer questions
- Assists Market Manager and/or Assistant Manager with teller performance reviews
- Performs additional duties as required
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.