Head Bank Teller I
Department: Branch Administration
Reports to: Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager
Level: Level 7
Location(s): South Sanford, Maine
The incumbent will be highly proficient in processing a wide variety of transactions, and in handling complex operational and customer service issues. Performs teller duties on a daily basis. Responsible for the oversight of the teller line operations to ensure adherence with established regulatory, compliance and operating policies and procedures. Completes and/or assists with teller performance evaluations and documentation. Provides support to management in regards to on-going teller training including sales, service and employee development. Proficient in new account opening processes and cross selling the Bank’s various products and services. Ability to oversee branch in the absence of branch management including opening and closing as needed.
- Three years of prior teller and/or customer service experience is necessary
- Minimum of two years prior experience in a Senior Teller position or a related supervisory role
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Fully cross-trained to perform all CSR duties
- Extensive knowledge of teller processes, policies and procedures
- Adapts well to change, able to handle multiple tasks and effectively train teller staff
Specific Job Functions:
- Accurately processes a variety of transactions on a daily basis
- Manages the workflow of the teller line including: staffing levels, teller transaction exception processing and approvals, various teller function operations, etc.
- Responsible for completing various tasks including, but not limited to: cash audits, monthly security reports, monitoring cash levels, shipments, orders, etc.
- Assists managers with completing performance evaluations and other documentation as needed
- Supervises, coaches and mentors staff and provides on-going training and cross training as needed
- Monitors teller operations to ensure compliance with procedures and policies
- Assists tellers in locating cash discrepancies, processing unusual transactions, and handling difficult customer questions
- Cross sells Partners Bank products and services to contribute to overall branch goals
- Ensures teller line is tidy and clean at all times and current marketing and regulatory posters are in place and displayed accordingly
- Personally maintains a professional image at all times, and manages teller staff to the same quality standards
- Performs other duties as required
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.