Market Manager I – Wells Branch
Department: Branch Administration/Sales Development
Reports to: Branch Administrator
Supervises: Assistant Branch Manager and Support Staff
Level: Level 2
Location(s): Wells, Maine
The Market Manager I is responsible for the administration of a small branch or satellite office including sales, service, operations, lending, deposit generation, customer service, compliance, safety and security. Develops new business activity and deposit growth through participation in business development calls. Achieves individual and branch goals sales, referrals and retention of existing account relationships. Supports and promotes the Bank’s Customer Care Commitment by consistently providing a superior level of service.
- Three to five years prior related job experience in a financial institution, preferably a banking institution.
- Related job experience to include: Branch Management, Consumer Lending and Sales.
- Excellent customer relations skills in order to sell and cross sell bank deposit and loan products.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with customers, coworkers and others.
- Detail oriented with solid organizational skills.
- Must be goal driven and able to adapt to change.
Specific Job Functions:
Sales & Service:
- Develops and manages an outside calling program focused on generating new business customers, and retaining and growing existing customer relationships
- Maintains a schedule that allocates sufficient time between in branch activities and outside business development in order to achieve assigned goals
- Uncovers opportunities and provides customers with appropriate products and services that meet their needs
- Coaches and mentors staff to develop their sales and service skills
- Manages staff’s sales activities to support the Bank’s sales and referral goals
Operations & Control:
- Oversees the general operation of the branch to ensure ongoing compliance with company policies, procedures, security and various governmental regulations (i.e., OFAC, HMDA, Flood, GLBA, Bank Secrecy, CIP/CDD, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring branch audit and security requirements are met
- Represents the bank at various community events
- Maintains professional memberships in local civic, business and community organizations to enhance the Bank’s market presence
- Encourages staff participation in community activities
- Provides leadership, supervision, coaching and mentoring to staff
- Assists in the administration of various Human Resource programs (i.e., performance evaluations, hiring, disciplinary documentation, etc.)
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.