Market Manager II
Department: Branch Administration/Sales Development
Reports to: SVP, Branch Administrator
Supervises: Front Support Staff
Level: Level 3
Location(s): Sanford, Maine
The Market Manager II is responsible for the administration of a mid to large size or de novo branch including sales, service, operations, lending, deposit generation, customer service, compliance, safety and security. Develops new business activity and branch deposit growth through active participation in sales management and business development programs. Achieves individual and branch goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships. Possesses excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills. Supports and promotes the Bank’s Customer Care Commitment by consistently providing a superior level of service.
- Five to seven years prior related job experience in a financial institution, preferably a bank.
- Related job experience to include: Branch Management, Consumer and Commercial Lending, Sales and Business development.
- Excellent customer relations skills in order to sell and cross sell bank deposit and loan products.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to effectively interact with customers, coworkers and others.
- Detail oriented with solid organizational skills.
- Must be a self-starter and goal driven.
Specific Job Functions:
Sales & Service:
- Develops and manages an effective outside calling program focused on generating new business customers, and retaining and growing existing customer relationships
- Maintains a work schedule that allocates equal time between in-branch activities and outside business development
- Uncovers opportunities and provides customers with appropriate products and services that meet their needs
- Coaches and mentors staff to build their sales and service skills
- Manages staff’s sales activities to support the Bank’s sales and referral goals
Operations & Control:
- Oversees the general operation of the branch to ensure ongoing compliance with company policies, procedures, security and various governmental regulations (i.e., OFAC, HMDA, Flood, GLBA, Bank Secrecy, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring branch audit and security requirements are met
- Represents the Bank at various community events
- Maintains professional memberships in local civic, business and community organizations to enhance the Bank’s market presence
- Encourages staff participation in community activities
- Provides leadership, supervision, coaching and mentoring to staff
- Assists in the administration of various Human Resource programs (i.e., performance evaluations, hiring, disciplinary documentation, etc.)
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.