Part-Time Teller II – Main Office Branch
Department: Branch Administration
Reports to: Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager
Level: Level 4
Location(s): Main Office – Sanford, Maine
The individual will be proficient in processing all teller transactions, and in responding to a variety of customer service requests working within established operational guidelines, policies and procedures. The incumbent will perform these functions and others while providing an exemplary level of customer service. The Teller II may serve as a mentor and trainer for new tellers as required. Able to handle various customer inquiries and service requests, and is proactive in developing and recognizing cross sell and referral opportunities.
- One or more years of prior teller experience.
- Proficient in the use of computers, various teller programs and platforms and other technologies
- Interacts well with others and enjoys working with a variety of people in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized, adapts well to change and able to multi task
- Proficient knowledge of teller operations, policies and procedures
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Ability to train new tellers on all aspects of the teller position
Specific Job Functions:
- Proficient in balancing cash drawer and processing a wide variety of transactions accurately, promptly and efficiently
- Independently and with the assistance of others as needed, effectively handles and responds to customer service requests
- Maintains a strong knowledge of deposit and electronic banking products and services to assist customers and to develop cross sell and referral opportunities
- Provides quality customer service to external customers and coworkers
- May be assigned vault cash duties (i.e., preparing and receiving Fed shipments, maintaining adequate cash levels within branch limits, selling and receiving cash from other tellers, ATM replenishment, etc.)
- Acts as a trainer and mentor to new tellers and assists other tellers with balancing and processing work as needed
- Understands and adheres to various policies and procedures including security, compliance and operations.
- Participates in on-going job-related training programs including sales, service, compliance and product knowledge
- Performs other duties as required
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.